What is AlgorithmD
AlgorithmD is a website for sharing snippets of code.
It is named after Donald Knuth’s “Algorithm D”, that implements division of nonnegative integers (learn more).
You can even see an implementation of Algorithm D on AlgorithmD!
- Built-in code editor that supports all major languages
- Drag-n-drop support
- Snippet tags for grouping
- Search of snippets by title, filename, tags, code or their parts
- Publicly accessible URLs
- Download and copy functionalities
Goals of this project
The main goal of this project is educational, as countless other alternatives exist (gist, pastebin and many others). While creating this website I got to familiarize myself with such technologies as Angular, Ktor, Google App Engine, Firebase Realtime Database, Auth0 and much more.
- Frontend: waleko/algorithmd. Built with Angular. Hosted on Cloudflare Pages.
- Backend: waleko/algorithmd-uploader. Written in Kotlin using Ktor. Hosted on Google App Engine.
AlgorithmD is Apache 2 licensed.